Apr 19, 2012

Just some venting

Been given an assignment for my multicultural world views class...

I'm supposed to write about my cultural identity and whether it fits into some old guy's models.

The thing is, I don't want to share.

My cultural identity is something that is very personal and private, I mean, I'm being asked to write about every thing that has made me who I am today. That is an insanely personal roller-coaster which I don't think I'm ready to get onto just yet.

However, there is no freedom here, as if I choose to not write it, I lose 20 of my 60 internal marks and if I write it, I'm not putting my all and so I'll probably get a low grade....

This sucks. Not because of the assignment, but because of the position I'm in and because I really don't want to go around opening all these doors. There's a reason why I call the mind an asylum.

This assignment is asking me to open all the doors, which is tantamount to releasing all the mental patients in the asylum...

Sigh, guess why this is why this blog is called Inside the Asylum and not Inside-the-Boring-Office. I guess, that I'm going to have to do something I never wanted to do, to get something I really don't want.

Well, the button has been pressed...

Now all I have to do is open the doors. All of them.

2 comments:

  1. All the best to you.
    Wouldn't something illusory work too? There but not-really there.
    I guess teachers are too smart for that :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly enough, I wrote what I felt, and did really well. I explained why I didn't like the concept of the assignment and my teacher was really understanding. I guess sometimes, the teacher just has to try and understand you!

      Delete