Dec 2, 2012

The Hurdle

Tomorrow is my Birthday,

I turn twenty.

I must say, I feel that the prospect, the concept of getting older has really rattled me. I posted a long winding status on facebook about how it seems, to me, that in 20 years. I should have achieved something more tangible.

I've gotten comments, and most of them, honestly don't seem to understand what I was trying to say. I won't go into it. That's not the point of this.

With every passing year, the world gets smaller. I meet new people, I learn new things, all of them making my knowledge base wider and robbing the world of the last vestiges of mystery it clings to. I'm learning, through aging. which is good.

This is going to go back and forwards a bit, so bear with me.

After a bit of thought towards what I've done in the two decades I've been on this earth, I can say that I've not done a lot. But it must be said in the same breath that I haven't just sat on my ass doing nothing. (well at least I haven't in the last two years)

I started a blog, I began taking photos, I've helped people with their individual problems, I fell in love, and started writing a book (not in any specific order) I tried to make up for time lost and was greeted with comments of how I did so much. It made me glad that I was doing, what I did.

But a new decade has it's new opportunities, it's new problems, it's new dangers and thrills. I must say, I'm hesistant to jump in. Maybe it's like a cold swimming pool... Maybe I just have to jump in.

Sadly, I don't think there is anyway for someone to slowly edge into a new year...

The gamer in me keeps hoping, keeps hoping that at each birthday, a magical light will surround me, and a voice will announce "LEVEL UP" and suddenly, I'll be better off for the next year.

It's a hard truth to know that that doesn't happen, but rather that you have to run into the new year and grab it and scream at it "I AM IN CHARGE!" (throw a few swear words in, it can't hurt)

My blog is honestly something I am quite proud of. I looked back, and wow.

I mean, Wow.

I think it's safe to say that my writing style and grammar has improved, considerably.

Something that I've been seeing in plenty of comic books is the fact that being small is no longer enough. It's time to go big.

Twenty is a pretty big number. So I think that it's time to go big with everything else.

In the coming months, I'm going to launch a company, something that is my own design. (been planning it since October, this seemed like a good time to announce it)

I can't wait to share it. It will act as a platform for me to explore my photography, film-making and anything else that I wish to do. Sky's the limit.

I guess it always was the limit, maybe, just maybe, age is giving me some wisdom!

That or it's my wisdom teeth...

Twenty approaches.

I think it's time I look forward to meeting it.

It is after all,

The rest of my life.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment